You made it here.
Of all the sites in all the world wide web, you had to log into to this blog.
Well, you're here now so why not stick around?
Feel free to leave a comment, ask a question.
It'd be great if you did.
It'd be great if you did.
![]() |
| Author in 1X2m excavation trench, hiding to avoid having to dig another hole (Mornington Peninsula) |
![]() |
| The author chasing the elusive Brazillian ant eater (not that elusive) to take a blurry photo (Panatanal, Brazil). |
This bloog (did he say bloog?) is a collection of my musings from all sorts of travels and life stuff. I spend a lot of time in the air, on the road, in pits and trenches, digging holes and staying in all sorts of fabulous/awful places as part of my work as an archaeologist. When I am not working I spend a lot of time in bars, on beaches, at gigs, in restaurants, overseas, under sea, in the sea, on the sea, in clubs, in pubs, at the footy, and generally trying to get intimate with interesting stuff.
![]() |
| CUT COPY (Metro, Melbourne) |
You will see my interests reflected in the posts; I will try to improve my skills with the camera because the photos I take in no way do justice to the places I go, but no promises. When I go overseas I like to ride bikes. When I go undersea I like to shoot fish. I read a lot and I have an obsession with music and football, specifically: Disco, the Geelong Cats and the Uni Blacks.
![]() |
| Some Jehovas witness at my door the other day. I think that's who they were. |
| Author's last game of footy for the Uni Black Clubbies (The Craw, 2011) |
So that's it. Get around it or get out of it.
Enjoy.
![]() |
| Author (in foreground, with helmet). Somewhere in the Andes, probably Peru. |






No comments:
Post a Comment